Children have loads of fun at Christ Church with special groups for every age – full of fabulous kids, run by excited leaders and supported by cool teenagers, a place to laugh and learn, play and pray, and enjoy being in the presence of our wonderful, loving God!
Children are welcome every Sunday morning, sometimes meeting in their own groups and sometimes in all age services, and there are special events throughout the year for them.
Just as with the adults, we want the children to:
- Find out about Father God by discovering His messages to them in the Bible
- Know that God wants to be involved in their lives by His Spirit
- Learn to pray – both talking and listening to God
- Develop a personal relationship with a loving God through Jesus
- Understand how they can serve God and the community where they live
- While doing this we want our children to:
Have lots of fun!
Make friends who can support and encourage them in their faith as they move into the ‘tweenage’ years
Sundays at 9:30am (drop off from 9:20am)
During the school holidays children and adults meet together as the whole church family for all age worship services. During term-time they spend Sunday mornings in their own special groups. Once a term the children join their families for Holy Communion.
Sparks (under 5 years – in the Hall)
Sparks is a place to make new friends and become more confident at church. The children have time to play and sing as well as to explore Bible stories through listening and craft activities as they learn about a loving, creator God. We want the children to become familiar with some stories from the Bible and to begin to see the connection of God to the world around them.
Ignite (5-11 – in the Barn)
In Ignite the children start the morning together for fun on a big scale, learning about God and meeting with Him through worship, dramas, Bible stories, giving, puppets, prayer, quizzes and lots more. Then in smaller groups, all over the church site, the children continue exploring and learning how to apply the Bible teaching in age-appropriate ways. We want the children to explore and develop their own faith to hear the call of Jesus and to live their lives for Him.
God calls us all to share our faith with others, and children can do this too. They can tell their friends about Jesus and show them that church is a great place to be. They can also invite their friends to some of the special events designed for 5-11yr olds who are not sure what churches are all about. They are filled with fun, laughter, worship, games, prayer, crafts, story, learning & God – who wouldn’t want to be there?
Regular special events include:
- Autumn term: Light Party – an afternoon at the end of October
- Spring term: Spring sleepover (Ignite children years 4-6) – a day in Feb/Mar
- Summer Holidays: Holiday Club – 4 whole mornings in August with a great team of leaders & teenagers that makes this highlight of summer!
- Find out more about children’s work at Christ Church by contacting Heather Hughes (the Children’s Minister) at email@example.com or pick up the Children’s Leaflet at Christ Church.